What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” for purposes of this Policy, will only include identifying information relating to a living natural person or, where applicable, an existing juristic person in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
We may collect your Personal Information through your access to and use of this website, during conversations or correspondence with Illation’s representatives (for example via e-mails, telephone calls and any further correspondence), or when you use our products or services.
We may collect, store and transfer the following types of Personal Information, including, but not limited to:
- Personal and business contact information, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Any information necessary in order for us to provide the products and/or services you have requested;
- Details of the products and services that you subscribed for or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary for the provision of those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us.
The purpose for which we may collect, store and transfer your Personal Information is as follows:
- to inform you of products and/or services which we think you may be interested in (unless you have opted out);
- to check when the last time was you used our services, if at all;
- for business purposes, such as analysing and managing our business, market search, audits, developing new products, improving our products and services and gauging customer satisfaction;
- for the provision of any product or service that Illation and/or our affiliates may offer now or in the future;
- for information requests or complaints; and/or
- for any purpose permitted by law.
How the information collected is used
In light of the nature of the services we offer, we may share your information with our third-party service providers in order to provide our services to you. Personal information will not be sold to third parties or provided to direct marketing companies or other such organisations without your permission. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of Illation, its clients or any other person.
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the products and services, this may also necessitate the sharing your Personal Information with our third-party service providers for lawful purposes;
- Manage our relationship with you and the service providers;
- Communicate with you about the products and services which we provide to you and/or the support which we provide in respect of such products and services;
- to receive confirmation that you have granted us authority to act as the “responsible party” if information is held by a third party;
- Provide support to you in respect of the products and services;
- Improve our products and services and develop new products and services;
- Send communication to you about any new features of Illation products and services or any new products which Illation may develop from time to time, by electronic communication or other means, unless you indicate that you would prefer not to receive such communication by emailing us at email@example.com or until such time as you unsubscribe from receiving such communication. We will give you the option to unsubscribe in every communication which we send to you;
- Send marketing communication to you in respect of the Illation products and services , by electronic communication and other means, unless you indicate that you would prefer not to receive such communication by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or until such time as you unsubscribe from receiving such communication. We will give you the option to unsubscribe in every communication which we send to you;
- Answer enquiries, provide information, support or advice about existing and new products or services;
- Assess and improve the performance and operation of the website;
- To keep your contact details up to date and provide you with updates; and
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you.
If you subscribe to our services, news, announcements, alerts or any such information to be emailed to you from Illation, we will hold your details on our database until such time as you choose to unsubscribe from this service. You may do this at any stage by selecting the unsubscribe button in the email application or emailing email@example.com.
By clicking ‘submit’, or any online form submission button, you are expressly providing your consent to us to collect your details to Process the information for the lawful purpose.
How we hold Personal Information securely
In all circumstances the information is held by us on our secure systems or database or on the servers of our third-party service providers. In the event that Personal Information is stored on the servers of our third-party service providers, we will ensure that we have entered into written agreements with those third-party service providers, which will require them to secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in their possession by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures.
We undertake to take all reasonable and necessary steps to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Information and protect your information from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Electronic copies are held in a secure environment, with the application of appropriate passwords and other computer and software security techniques.
Our website may contain links to third party websites and applications. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third-party websites and applications. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the applicable third-party privacy statement and is entirely at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information
Illation may keep your Personal Information for as long as you continue to engage with us, access the website and content and/or use our products or services or for as long as reasonably necessary or until you contact us and ask us to destroy your Personal Information.
Aside from the aforementioned, we may retain and Process some or all of your Personal Information if and for as long as:
- we are required or permitted by law, a code of conduct or a contract with you to do so,
- we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to the performance of our functions and activities,
- we reasonably require it for evidentiary or audit purposes; or
- you agree to us retaining it for a specified further period.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to any rights implied by law which cannot be excluded, we are not and shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, delict (including negligence), statute or otherwise, for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs), direct or indirect, whatsoever arising out of or attributable to your use of this website.
Data Protection Questions
Dispute process: how you may complain about our failure to comply with POPIA
There are 2 ways you may complain:
- verbally or in writing by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or our Information Officer at email@example.com.
- if you are a resident of South Africa, you can lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator by completing the form as prescribed.